Members of the community are invited to attend several free “Meet the Nurse” events being offered through a collaboration between Community Intervention Center and United Neighborhood Centers of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
The events will be held from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. on December 2, December 16, January 6, January 20, February 3, February 17, March 2, and March 16 at Community Intervention Center (445 N. 6th Avenue, Scranton). No appointment is necessary to attend, and UNC’s Community Health Department nurses will be available to provide assistance for those facing the following issues:
1. Do you ever NEED HELP finding a doctor or getting an appointment?
2. Need help getting testing, equipment, and labs?
3. How about understanding what the doctor says or what your prescription is?
4. Can you AFFORD your prescription (medicine)?
5. Do you have a ride to the doctor or to pick up your medicine?
6. Do you understand your illness (diagnosis)?
7. Do you just need support with your health care?
For more information, please call 570-346-0759.