Property Manager – Part Time
UNC is looking for a part-time Property Manager for our new 36 unit, apartment and town homes complex on Fallbrook Street in Carbondale, PA.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall management and supervision of Fallbrook Apartments. The primary objectives of the Property Manager are to optimize the net operating income of the community, maintain the property, provide for a quality living environment for tenants and establish a positive, productive working relationship with the staff.
The Property Manager must be able to work as a team player and be able to work with various departments throughout the agency for the success of the building and tenants.
New Position! 20 hours per week (flexible) with benefits!
- Maintains a general working knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HUD programs to include Section 8 and PRA 811 as they apply to Fallbrook Apartments.
- Understands and applies principles of Fair Housing.
- Oversees all aspects of daily operations of the property.
- Manages leasing process from marketing to lease-up.
- Ensures the oversight of building files to include: accurate lease files, tenant and vendor files, tenant contact list, utility reimbursements, insurance certificates, rental licenses, and other building records as necessary.
- Maintains a sufficient waiting list in accordance with PHFA and HUD rules and regulations.
- Prepares and Processes HAP Vouchers for PRA 811 on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and processes Reserve for Replacement submissions as needed.
- Meet with Fallbrook team members on a regular basis to keep all staff focused on the success of the building and tenants. Set up building goals and directives.
- Keep Application packets, and all Move-In forms updated.
- Schedule Move Outs and overturning of apartments in a timely fashion.
- Keep advertising updated and advertise as needed according to the Fair Housing Market Plan.
- Schedule and conduct Annual Inspections of apartments.
- Check applications and perform credit, sex offender, criminal, and landlord checks on all applicants.
- Maintain an open door policy for tenants.
- Work closely with development staff and fiscal to assist with developing and maintaining a budget to ensure financial success of the building.
- Work closely with the Social Services Coordinator with updates on tenants that may need to be addressed.
- Attend PHFA Multifamily housing conference, yearly.
- Prepare monthly reports for fiscal and Asset Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or five years’ experience in the operations of managing a LIHTC property.
- Good verbal communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and OneSite is preferred.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist is highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Join the ranks of a GREAT Non-Profit organization committed to helping those in the communities we serve. UNC offers our regular full and part-time employees a great benefits package to include a superior healthcare plan, dental. Generous holidays schedule, plenty of sick, vacation and personal days off, and a 5% contribution to your retirement plan. Apply now!
UNC of NEPA is equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.