Registered Nurse RN for Summer Day Camp – Great for Recent RN Grads!
The Camp Nurse (RN) is responsible for overseeing the health and safety of campers and staff.
Hours are 8:30am -3:30pm Monday – Friday and Sundays from 12 Noon-3:00pm,
Dates: July 7-August 6.
Lunch is provided Monday – Friday.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
- Collaborate with other staff to meet medical needs.
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Set up the camp Infirmary.
- Inventory and submit all necessary medical supplies and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Prepare and utilize daily medical log for treatment and medications.
- Prepare and record insurance and accident report forms.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Ensure supplies are well stocked and distributed as needed.
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp.
- Verify health history and examination.
- Verify emergency authorization.
- Identify any observable evidence of illness or communicable diseases.
- Keep all medications used by campers and staff.
- Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
- Observe daily cleanliness in the food service facility and other areas throughout camp.
- Report any health problems or symptoms of illness to the Camp Director.
Qualifications: (Minimum Education and Experience)
- RN with a license as required by state law.
- Current CPR & First Aid certification.
- Driver’s license.
- Experience in both children and adult illness/injury care.
- Child Abuse Recognition & Mandatory Reporting certification (3 hour course, can be completed upon accepting the position before May 15).
Job Type: Temporary