United Neighborhood Centers’ Childcare Programs provide before and after school care, as well as pre-school services, to the children of working parents. These programs care for the child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
- The preschool programs follow an instructional early childhood curriculum. The school-age program includes homework supervision, arts and crafts, science and cooking projects, nature, music, sports activities and field trips.
- The hours of operation for our centers are 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, 52 weeks a year. Transportation to and from school is provided for school-age children within the Scranton, Dunmore and Riverside School Districts.
- UNC is licensed by the PA Department of Welfare as a childcare center. We are an equal opportunity childcare program that does not discriminate in child or staff practices according to race, color, religious creed, handicap, national origin, ancestry, age or sex.
- CCIS DPA funding accepted at all centers. Care is available for school in-services, most holidays, early dismissals, delayed openings and summer care.
- The Agency operates Project Hope day camp program during the summer for children ages 5-12. The camp is located approximately 30 minutes from the city of Scranton, in a beautiful rural setting.
- UNC is actively involved in the Keystone Stars Child Care Quality Initiative!
For additional information about UNC Childcare Programs, please contact UNC Childcare Director, Michael McHale at (570) 344-9882.