Boys & Girls Basketball Program Director – 2 Positions Available!
To further the mission of Camp Kelly through the planning and delivery of programs and events. Design and deliver program activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Assist in the management of the overall camp operation at the direction of the camp director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver a fun program to campers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared and implemented that meet the abilities of the campers.
- Evaluate program delivery abilities of staff.
- Deliver progressive program activities.
- Evaluate the success of the program and the development of the campers’ abilities and skills in various program activities.
- Create complete list of all required supplies in advance of activities.
- Coordinate all camp programs and campfire activities with other staff.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs.
- Assist in the implementation of staff training.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures in all program areas.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas.
- Oversee daily checks of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Ensure that program areas are kept fee of hazards and debris.
- Supervise and evaluate Village Leaders, Counselors, and CITs to develop and implement all facets of camp program activities
- Regularly monitor work of staff.
- Provide feedback and guidance to program staff.
- Provide recommendations and concerns to camp director regarding staff performances.
- Develop and implement schedules and records for all areas of camp program and facilities.
- Create cabin assignments and activity schedules.
- Develop and supervise staff schedule for programs and activities.
- Collect and evaluate records; report and evaluate camp program and activity areas.
Other Job Duties:
- Participate as a member of the administrative staff between January and July.
- Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to staff.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Provide ongoing program ideas to counseling and activity area staff.
- Assist in the recruitment of staff and campers.
Qualifications: (Minimum Qualifications and Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of work experience
- Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Training and experience in teaching program to adults and children.
- Experience in coaching youth basketball.
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
Physical Aspects of the Position:
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours.
Ability to operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat in varying weather conditions.
UNC of NEPA is equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.