Director of Human Resources
United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA (UNC) is one of the largest, and longest operating, nonprofit organizations in the region. The agency’s purpose is to meet the needs of local low-income families, seniors, youth, and new immigrants, while also empowering them to attain self-sufficiency. UNC’s wide array of programs are continuously adjusted to fill the gaps that exist in local services.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function. Implements all Human Resources (HR) policies and procedures. Assists and advises senior management on Human Resources issues and aligning the human capital needs of the Agency with its operational strategy.
This position is available to those looking to work 30 or 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Great Benefits!
- Recruits, interviews, and assists department heads with selection of qualified employees to fill vacant positions. Incorporate recruitment and retention plans.
- Prepare offer letters and rejection responses.
- Schedule and participate in new employee orientation programs. Ensure that pre-orientation procedures are completed and that new hires are oriented in a timely fashion.
- Maintains appropriate records of benefit plan participation such as insurance and retirement plan, personnel transactions such as hire, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics as required for government reporting.
- Coordinates, schedules, and may present training programs.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers and coordinates performance evaluation program to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Administers benefit programs such as life, health, dental, and disability insurance, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates employee Workers’ Compensation incidents and accidents and ensures timely reporting of all such accidents.
- Responsible for filling out and maintain all unemployment claims
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interview.
- Responsible for yearly United Way Campaign.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager, Director or other HR Executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Proficient with MS Office Products, strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- BA in Human Resources and/or 5+ years HR experience.
- SHRM Certifications are preferred.
Join the ranks of a GREAT Non-Profit organization committed to helping those in the communities we serve. UNC offers our regular full and part-time employees a great benefits package to include a superior healthcare plan, dental. Generous holidays schedule, plenty of sick, vacation and personal days off, and a 5% contribution to your retirement plan. Apply now!
UNC of NEPA is equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.